The Tories now have a petition against the Boundary commission plans where we are moved to Birmingham Erdington.
I have just been asked to sign it by a neighbour who whist it is not her fault, is unaware of the FACTS behind the plans. When I challenged her she said it was to move Pheasey into Birmingham, IT IS NOT.
This petition has Chris Towe’s name against it and clearly he has not briefed the women clearly or frankly gave her false information. Lets clarify it for anyone confused.
- These plans are because The Tories want to reduce the number of MP’s
- These plans are messy because the Tories had a fixed number and allow little variation to it
- The boundary commission did the same exercise a couple of years ago and the proposed seat then was even messier than now
- Don’t just say we don’t want something when the knock on impact impacts the whole plan in around North Birmingham/Walsall
- Also to state again this is NOT ABOUT moving Pheasey to Birmingham
Hope that clarifies some of this but of course when you don’t tell people the truth because it was your own party policy, then knocking my door is one big mistake.
EDIT – I will always give the right of reply of reply to opposing views, so Adrian Andrew has replied in the comments, have a read of that. He says he has opposing plans but I have looked at this and can not see how he can fit Pheasey into either Walsall constituencies without impacting others.
One thing to note is that observers of this process think that there is little chance of many changes as the whole system is so inflexible.